We will be handing out information on Art in Fort Pierce
Look for our booth. If you have information on your art, your coop, or your art store, get the information to Jeanne Johansen 772-579-1529 for her to hand out and let the public know your art is ready to decorate people's homes and where to find you.
If you are looking for fall fun in October, think apples, art, drink and food. Pierced Ciderworks, located at 411 No. 2nd Street, Fort Pierce, is sponsoring the Treasure Coast Art Association's ARToberfest on Saturday, October 13, 2018, from 3 PM to 6 PM. Rain Date is October 20,2018, same time.
The Apple theme festival is free to the public at Pierced Ciderworks which is decorated for Halloween. There will be music. Artists will be displaying and selling their works and giving free art demonstrations.
Chefs and bakers are invited to compete in the Apple Dish Contest for the “Top Apple” Chef award & prizes.
Food and drinks will be available for purchase. Proceeds from ARToberfest will support art education workshops and future art events.
For details on ARToberfest go to www.treasurecoastartassociation.org. For more questions call or text Jeanne Johansen, at 772-579-1529. Rain date: October 20, 2018.
22nd Anniversary Artful Market Bag
The artwork invitational by the Downtown Fort Pierce Farmers' Market Anniversary Bag Call to Local Artists. Brenda Gibbons provided me with the information on this call. Here is brief synopsis of the call.
* Open to all artists, both amateur and professional.
* The art will be displayed on a large off-white 12"H x 18"W canvas tote bag. It doesn't need to be about fruits and vegetables.
* To enter, submit a PDF of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The deadline is September 30, 2018
* There is no cash prize, but the PR is well worth the effort. The artist will be able sign bags at the Market's 22nd Anniversary Event in 2019.
* Check out the Market's website: https://www.fortpiercefarmersmarket.com/ or go to the Facebook page, "Fort Pierce Farmers Market" or email email@example.com.
Pelican Central Mosaic ARTS: 220 Orange Ave
By Jeanne Johansen
Take a walk and check out the new Mosaic Art studio at 220 Orange Avenue next to Lorenzo's Pizza Shop.
The owners: Diane Concepcion and Asia Booth are there to help you make your mosaic creation. They are offering one-on-one instruction, open studio, group classes at their location or your location. I watched them creating one piece on class and another on a metal coat hook. Wonderful people.
In the back of the shop you will find artist, Christine Fitzgerald who offers resin and other unique art classes. While I was there, a student was picking up her piece: a beautiful beach scene with sea glass foam, little flip-flops, turtle of glass, drift wood, all covered in a resin finish. Fantastic.
You can learn more at www.facebook.com/PelicanCentral
We bring the Art to People and People to the Arts.