Two Exciting and Fun Opportunities at the Market
The artwork invitational by the Downtown Fort Pierce Farmers' Market Anniversary Bag Call to Local Artists. Brenda Gibbons provided me with the information on this call. Here is brief synopsis of the call.
* Open to all artists, both amateur and professional.
* The art will be displayed on a large off-white 12"H x 18"W canvas tote bag. It doesn't need to be about fruits and vegetables.
* To enter, submit a PDF of your artwork to email@example.com.
* The deadline is September 30, 2018
* There is no cash prize, but the PR is well worth the effort. The artist will be able sign bags at the Market's 22nd Anniversary Event in 2019.
* Check out the Market's website: https://www.fortpiercefarmersmarket.com/ or go to the Facebook page, "Fort Pierce Farmers Market" or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only made it to two galleries this evening - new TCAA President, Jeanne Johansen.
At Seriously Mixed Media on Orange Avenue the food was good and Judy Coffman added several new items: unique decorated bamboo sticks and her knit square earring are now round. These are serious talented artists.
This gallery is celebrating Christmas in July. So it's never too late to shop. Snagged a present for my husband for Christmas. Sh....
At the Art Connection in the Arcade Building it was hopping, Judy Suit showed me her one of a kind wood burnings on watercolor paper. Seriously, Judy!!! How do you keep from burning the paper. Oh, that's right. She has to burn the paper. You've got to see her work.
Please visit the many art co-ops and galleries in Fort Pierce. Support the arts by buying items now for birthdays, anniversaries and Christmas.
Seriously Mixed Media is having a Christmas in July sale of 10% off.
on July 17
After months without A/C, the Treasure Coast Art Association has closed the studio as of Tuesday. It is the last reasonably priced large artist space available. The fax that there is only $50.00 in the cash drawer doesn't say much for the support of the previous administration.
A new board has been formed and attempts to create a better art club which incorporates all the arts is underway. We don't know what will happen. But there will always be art somewhere in Fort Pierce
The Procession of the Species Celebration is a musical, colorful and delightful public expression of art and celebration of nature. Individuals and groups of all kinds will parade along the event grounds of the IRL Science Festival, masquerading as their favorite plant or animal! Costume created entirely out of recyclable materials! Gorgeous!
Author - TCAA
The Treasure Coast Art Association is dedicated to providing space for artists to work, teach, learn, display and sell their creations.